Sunday, December 23, 2007

Haute Moms Baking Day


Okay, this was our first annual Haute Mom's Baking Day. I stole the idea from my mom and wow, what a "sweet" time we had. Everyone showed up armed with their favorite recipes, ingredients, cookie sheets, oven mitts and Christmas cheer. We nibbled on finger foods, sipped wine, and soda for some (preggie Jen) and we baked. I tried something new called a cake cookie. They were very yummy, I filled them with white chocolate chips, cranberries and coconut; then another batch was with white chocolate chips, coconut and tiny peppermint pieces. Gina made an ooey gooey PB & Chocolate treat, and Jennifer some peanut butter drops, you know the ones with the Hershey's kiss? Yum! I loved Stacy's Mexican wedding cookies, even though Tim gave them a 4 - he obviously does not appreciate a good south of the border treat - Ole! Candie made some oatmeal caramel bars and of course her famous Smores cookies. They don't hold a candle to Jason's "famous burritos" but hey, he's been making them for years - they'll get there!


The kids had fun "baking" too, decorating sugar cookies and gingerbread persons and they even got to exchange gifts with each other at the end of the night. It looks like this will be added to that ever growing list of annual events. Thank you to my sugar mamas for mixing up so much fun with me yesterday!

1 comments:

Buhac Four said...

I assume the title of this entry was supposed to be "First Annual Haute Moms Baking Day"? I fully intend to indulge in a few adult beverages at our Second Annual day! ;-)

Really, I think we should consider quarterly baking days :)