Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our first Trunk or Treat

What a fun time this was!  There was a time in college where I called this tailgating....but if you fill a bowl full of candy and stick it in the trunk of your car, all of a sudden socializing in a parking lot at night has a whole new feel.  Madeleine's dance studio held this Trunk or Treat party and I may be biased but I think the real treat was our performance of Thriller starring MJ himself!  The girls went from car to car begging for candy they didn't need.  I decorated my trunk to look like a haunted library complete with Lucy and her book of Poetry.  I was zombified (though I feel I could have done a better job on my deathly look if I had more time), and the only thing missing was our resident resident (Jason in his customary pair of scrubs), who had to scrub in for a late surgery I guess and couldn't join in on the family fun.  Candie helped ease my pain with some mommy drinks in a special halloween party cup and thank goodness for Lori who calmed my baby vampire (and we all know how dangerous those are), while I lived out one of my dreams dancing original Thriller choreography to an actual audience! 

The Thriller Dance!  Check out those orbs int he photo....clearly MJ himself was with us!

Zombie Moms + Zombie Juice = Smiles

Sweet little 50s girl

The ghoulish gang!

Baby Vampire dressed as Pebbles w/ Tropical Island Sydnie

My ghouls and me

Zombies...80s style

0 comments: