Sunday, October 25, 2009

Some Glitterific Halloween Decor

I added some glitz to my Halloween decor this year and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.  The first picture is my newest creation. I painted this today and I think it might benefit from some glitter and sparkle so I'll be heading to Michael's with my 40% off coupon.  I love how R is for Raven AND Rupe!


A creepy, crawly vignette w/ apothecary jars filled with mice, skulls and spiders, oh my!


I bought a foam pumpkin on sale at Michaels and the lettering is done w/ scrapbooking stickers since I don't have a steady enough hand to paint.  I love these stickers because they are pre-embellished with crystals.  The ribbon is black with shiny dots and I just glued it to the pumpkins.  The candle idea I stole from my sister.  I jeweled BOO with black crystals (also from Michaels).  The candlesticks have been gathering dust in a corner of my bedroom, finally they get the attention they deserve on my dining room table.

Ahh my chandelier, all gussied up with a black feather boa.  It may verge on gaudy and I know my sister-in-law wanted to ask me what time the hookers left.....hey, at least I didn't swag a pair of fishnet stockings.

White lights and fall leaves are dripping from the sky.  This was put up for the pixie hollow party but I like it so much I think it will stay through Thanksgiving.

Another angle of my creepy, crawly vignette.  Pay no attention to the man in the mirror w/ the camera.

My bird cage, complete with a crow, sitting atop a skull, pecking away at it.  My neighbor gave me this birdcage and it has been a wonderful addition to my decor.  Each season it finds itself filled with something new.  The candlelabra was passed on to me by my fellow Francophile friend Sandi, and yes that is a Gold Canyon Candle burning.  My new and surprisingly favorite scent, Eggnog.  Who would have thought but my friend Dawn Marie had it burning in her house and it smelled like autumn and holiday time.  Dawn Marie sells these candles...visit www.mygc.com/dawnmariescandles

This is Lucy and as you can see, she is a fan of POEtry.  You can't see from the picture but Lucy is glitterific too.  She's wearing my rhinestone bangles.  It's always important to sparkle....even in her state.

Once upon a midnight dreary, the raven Lenore sat atop our lamp and guarded the candy corn.  She didn't do a very good job at it because the 6 year old and her little red-headed partner-in-crime saw to it that the candy corn vanished within days.  Now Lenore perches 'neath the clock looking fabulous with her sparkling tiara.

Once again a trip to Michaels got me another foam pumpkin and some more black jewels.  What's a girl to do when she should be cleaning house or grading papers?  'Tis much more fun to bejewel pumpkins.

The silhouette"chandelier" in my bathroom is courtesy of Martha Stewart.  I love how it glitters!

A vintage hatbox lends a feather boa...and a hand.  The moth eaten window treatments add a nice touch with a backdrop of spooky purple lights.

My glittery skull with crystal eyes, lounges on a deathbed of spanish moss.  Ole!

1 comments:

Kori said...

This stuff looks amazing Kerry! You did such a great job. I am so impressed! Little Miss Creativity! Kori